Friday, November 14, 2008

In The Beginning ( Our First Date 1 of 4 )

Prismacolor & Ink on 5 x 8 1/4 Moleskin sketch page

This is a sequence of scenes from my diary about how Heather and I met, our interactions up to our first date and our first date.  It all started at 149 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco on the 4th floor offices of Perpetual Entertainment.  I was on a break perusing Match.com's vast database of single women in San Francisco when I came across this amazing looking woman in a teal dress, hair seductively covering half her face and playing a guitar.  I immediately took to reading the bio of this woman who calls herself lyric541.  WOW! Beautiful, artistic and smart.  I winked at her and she winked back.  I wasted no time and e-mailed her.  I crossed my fingers that she would respond with a hint to pursue.  Hours later there was an email in my inbox.  I read and two lines in I had to standup because I couldn't believe what I just read.  She said, "I have this inkling that we have very little in common....  You know those little graphs on the side....  we have like 15 matches.... that might be the lowest I've ever seen it go, and I never put much weight into it before, but...."  She did save it by asking if I dance.  Who was this woman that would take a dating website so serious.  I cooled down and responded with the words that she admitted hooked her, "Inkling Shminkling.  I do dance."

No comments: